Alternative Sexual Practices
NPWH/ISSWSH Women's Sexual Health Course for NPs (16-03)
• BDSM/Kink overview including terminology
• Misconceptions about BDSM/Kink
• Kinky clients versus DSM classification
• Medical considerations for kinky clients
• Resources for patients and professionals
Many individuals who partake in alternative sexual practices are not forthcoming with their sexuality in
the medical setting, or they avoid medical providers altogether due to fear of social stigma and/or
misunderstanding. This is an introductory review of the Kink lifestyle and issues to consider as healthcare
providers when caring for individuals who participate in alternative sexual practices.
You must be signed in as a registered user to view downloads.