This three-part continuing education (CE) series of newsletters has been designed to meet the educational needs of clinicians involved in women’s health.
Newsletter 2: Issues for Minority Families That May Affect Banking Decisions
This family is surprised when hereditary risk factors are re-vealed. Will this change their decision-making process? How can they best assess the risks to their unborn child—and the other children that they hope to have. Does their ethnicity influence their decision?
This educational activity is designed to address educational needs of nurse practitioners, nurses, midwives, physicians, and other clinicians who work in ob/gyn and other practice settings that provide care for women who are pregnant or may become pregnant.
- CE Approval Period: Now through November 27, 2018
- Estimated Time to Complete This Activity: .5 hour
- CE Approval Hours: 0.5
This activity has been evaluated and approved by the Continuing Education Approval Program of the National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health for 0.5 contact hour of continuing education credit,
Three case-based newsletters will provide practical information to help clinicians inform their clients about the current and potential uses of cord blood, its collection, storage, and costs. The series will highlight strategies and discussion points that clinicians can use to educate patients and enable them to make informed decisions concerning cord blood collection and storage. This program is designed to address identified knowledge and practice gaps identified by NPWH.
Successful Completion of this Activity:
Successful completion of this activity, 17-12B, requires participants to:
- Read the learning objectives, disclosures, and disclaimers;
- Study the material in the learning activity;
- During the approval period (now through November 27, 2018)
- Go to the NPWH website (http://www.npwh.org) and click on “Sign In” at the top right hand corner of the page. Sign in if you have an NPWH account, or create an account;
- Click on the “E-Learning Portal” tab at the top of the homepage;
- Click on the link of this newsletter;
- Complete the post-test and evaluation;
- Earn a score of 70% or better on the post-test to receive CE credit;
- Print out the CE certificate if successfully completed.
You must be signed in to access this course. You can sign in at the top right-hand corner of the page.
**If you are an NPWH member, were once a member, or have taken CE activities with NPWH in the past, you have a username and password in our new system. Please DO NOT create a new account. Creation of multiple accounts could result in loss of CE credits as well as other NPWH services. If you do not remember your username or password, please either click on the "forgot username" or "forgot password" links at the bottom of the sign in screen or call the NPWH office at (202) 543-9693 ext. 1.**