This continuing education (CE) activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of women’s health nurse practitioners (NPs), adult NPs, family NPs, and certified nurse midwives (CNMs) involved in women’s health.
• CE Approval Period:Now through February 28, 2017
• Estimated Time to Complete This Activity: 1 hour
• CE Approval Hours: 1.0 Contact Hour of CE Credit
The essence of the cervical cancer screening (CCS) dilemma is which screening test(s) to use and how frequently to screen. Major national health organizations may differ somewhat in terms of their specific recommendations, but their general objectives are to prevent morbidity and mortality from cervical cancer (Saslow et al, 2012--this article presents recommendations of the American Cancer Society, the American Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology, and the American Society for Clinical Pathology; the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force, 2012; and the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2012) and to prevent overzealous management of precursor lesions that most likely will regress or disappear.
Successful completion of the activity:
Successful completion of this activity, J-16-01, requires participants to:
1. "Sign In” at the top right hand corner of the page if you have any NPWH account. You must be signed in to receive credit for this course. If you do not remember your username or password, please follow the "Forgot Password" link and instructions on the sign-in page. If you do not have an account, please click on "Create an Account".*
2. Read the learning objectives, disclosures, and disclaimers on the next page.
3. Check “Agree to Terms” on the next page and then click the "Continue" button.
4. Study the material in the learning activity during the approval period (now through February 2017).
5. Complete the post-test and evaluation. You must earn a score of 70% or better on the post-test to receive CE credit.
6. Print out the CE certificate if successfully completed.
*If you are an NPWH member, were once a member, or have taken CE activities with NPWH in the past, you have a username and password in our system. Please DO NOT create a new account. Creation of multiple accounts could result in loss of CE credits as well as other NPWH services. If you do not remember your username or password, please either click on the "forgot username" or "forgot password" links above or call the NPWH office at (202) 543-9693 ext. 1.