Individuals who did not register for the Conference can now purchase individual session recordings. Anyone who was registered for the Main Conference (October 16-17, 2020) will have access to all recordings, free of any additional charge, through November 15, 2021.
Kelly McKay-Gist MSW, LCSW
St. Louis Integrated Health Network
St. Louis, MO
Women’s Health Nurse Practitioners (WHNPs), WHNP students, Certified Nurse Midwives (CNMs) and other nurse practitioners and advanced practice clinicians who care for women.
Activity Number: 20-02-38
CE Approval Period: Now through November 15, 2021
Approved CE Credit Hours: 1.25 CE contact hour credits, zero hours pharmacology credit
This activity has been evaluated and approved by the Continuing Education Approval Program of the National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health for 1.25 CE contact hours, zero hours of pharmacology content.
Reproductive Justice centers on examining how power is shared and access to power within health care and beyond. In addition, reproductive justice centers communities who are most impacted by racial inequities and addresses racial inequities across the lifespan. In this presentation, we will examine ways to dismantle systems, policies and acknowledge the history of reproductive oppression to better implement the tenets of reproductive justice.
At the conclusion of this activity, the learner will be able to:
- Define reproductive justice, power and strategies to center communities most impacted by racial inequities
- Discuss reproductive oppression and current systems and policies that perpetuate reproductive oppression in our present day
- Strategies for dismantling systems, policies and acknowledge the history of reproductive oppression to better implement the tenets of reproductive justice.
Kelly McKay-Gist MSW, LCSW has no reported disclosures
Successful completion of this activity requires the participant to:
- Read the educational objectives, disclosures and disclaimers.
- Watch the session recording
- Complete the session evaluation
- Print your CE certificate (the certificate will be stored on the NPWH E-Learning site under My Transcripts).
- These steps must be completed prior to the course expiration date
- Some courses required a post-test. If a post test is required participants must earn a score of 70%.
Faculty members determine the content of the CE activity. The content does not necessarily represent the views of NPWH. Clinicians are responsible for evaluating information presented in relation to generally accepted standards of care and individual patient characteristics.
This activity has no commercial support
You must be signed in to access this course. You can sign in at the top right-hand corner of the page.
**If you are an NPWH member, were once a member, or have completed CE activities with NPWH in the past, you have a username and password in the system. Please DO NOT create a new account. If you do not remember your username or password, please either click on the “forgot username” or “forgot password” link at the bottom of the sign on screen or call the NPWH office at (202) 543-9693 ext. 81