Individuals who did not register for the Conference can now purchase individual session recordings. Anyone who was registered for the Main Conference (October 16-17, 2020) will have access to all recordings, free of any additional charge, through November 15, 2021.
Maria Ruud DNP,APRN, WHNP
Clinical Assistant Professor
University of Minnesota
Women’s Health Nurse Practitioners (WHNPs), WHNP students, Certified Nurse Midwives (CNMs) and other nurse practitioners and advanced practice clinicians who care for women.
Activity Number: 20-02-33
CE Approval Period: Now through November 15, 2021
Approved CE Credit Hours: 0.6 CE contact hour credits, zero hours pharmacology.
This activity has been evaluated and approved by the Continuing Education Approval Program of the National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health for 0.6 CE contact hours, zero hours of pharmacology content.
During the COVID-19 Global Pandemic everything changed, including access to health care.This presentation will review how one reproductive health clinic adapted during the COVID-19 Pandemic to maintain access to care while keeping staff and patients safe. The changes in practice that were implemented out of necessity during a crisis have implications for future practice. The unique circumstances provided an opportunity to explore innovative approaches to care that may be sustained beyond the pandemic. The adaptive approaches that were implemented such as telehealth, self-swabbing, presumptive treatment and prescription extensions will be reviewed. The evidence to support the changes in practice will be discussed and future areas for research identified. In addition, policy changes that could remove barriers to care and increase access will be reviewed.
At the conclusion of this activity, the learner will be able to:
- Describe best practices when providing reproductive healthcare via telehealth.
- Discuss an evidence-based approach to reproductive healthcare during a pandemic and the implications for future practice.
- Describe practice and policy proposals to reduce barriers to reproductive healthcare.
Maria Ruud DNP, APRN, WHNP has no reported disclosures.
Successful completion of this activity requires the participant to:
- Read the educational objectives, disclosures and disclaimers.
- Watch the session recording
- Complete the session evaluation
- Print your CE certificate (the certificate will be stored on the NPWH E-Learning site under My Transcripts).
- These steps must be completed prior to the course expiration date
- Some courses required a post-test. If a post test is required participants must earn a score of 70%.
Faculty members determine the content of the CE activity. The content does not necessarily represent the views of NPWH. Clinicians are responsible for evaluating information presented in relation to generally accepted standards of care and individual patient characteristics.
This activity has no commercial support
You must be signed in to access this course. You can sign in at the top right-hand corner of the page.
**If you are an NPWH member, were once a member, or have completed CE activities with NPWH in the past, you have a username and password in the system. Please DO NOT create a new account. If you do not remember your username or password, please either click on the “forgot username” or “forgot password” link at the bottom of the sign on screen or call the NPWH office at (202) 543-9693 ext. 81