Individuals who did not register for the Conference can now purchase individual session recordings. Anyone who was registered for the Main Conference (October 16-17, 2020) will have access to all recordings, free of any additional charge, through November 15, 2021.
Anita Nelson, MD
Professor and Chair OB-GYN
Western University of Health Sciences
Women’s Health Nurse Practitioners (WHNPs), WHNP students, Certified Nurse Midwives (CNMs) and other nurse practitioners and advanced practice clinicians who care for women.
Activity Number: 20-02-13
CE Approval Period: Now through November 15, 2021
Approved CE Credit Hours: 1.25 CE contact hour credits, 0.5 hours pharmacology credit
This activity has been evaluated and approved by the Continuing Education Approval Program of the National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health for 1.25 CE contact hours, 0.5 hours of pharmacology content.
Abnormal uterine bleeding often reflects underlying pathology and warrants efficient evaluation and treatment to improve the woman’s health and her quality of life. The primary focus of the presentation will be on medical management and pharmacologic treatment.
At the conclusion of this activity, the learner will be able to:
- Successfully utilize FIGO definitions of bleeding and the PALM-COIEN technology for diagnosis.
- Describe the steps in evaluation and management of secondary amenorrhea and infrequent bleeding.
- Explain the diagnostic steps, health consequences and management of both acute and chronic heavy uterine bleeding
Anita Nelson MD has the following disclosures: Speakers bureau for American Regent, Bayer Healthcare and Merck; Consulting fee for Agile Pharmaceutical and Therapeutic MD; Contracted Research for Agile Pharmaceutical, EvoFem, Merck, Mithra and Sebela Pharmaceutical.
Successful completion of this activity requires the participant to:
- Read the educational objectives, disclosures and disclaimers.
- Watch the session recording
- Complete the session evaluation
- Print your CE certificate (the certificate will be stored on the NPWH E-Learning site under My Transcripts).
- These steps must be completed prior to the course expiration date
- Some courses required a post-test. If a post test is required participants must earn a score of 70%.
Faculty members determine the content of the CE activity. The content does not necessarily represent the views of NPWH. Clinicians are responsible for evaluating information presented in relation to generally accepted standards of care and individual patient characteristics.
This activity has no commercial support.
You must be signed in to access this course. You can sign in at the top right-hand corner of the page.
**If you are an NPWH member, were once a member, or have completed CE activities with NPWH in the past, you have a username and password in the system. Please DO NOT create a new account. If you do not remember your username or password, please either click on the “forgot username” or “forgot password” link at the bottom of the sign on screen or call the NPWH office at (202) 543-9693 ext. 81