You must be logged in to access this course. Click here to sign in. Once signed in, click "register" at the bottom of the page and then continue to the content. This course is available for free during the month of June.
Arthur James MD, FACOG
Nurse practitioners (NPs), Certified Nurse-Midwives (CNMs), and other advanced practice clinicians who care for women.
- CE Approval Period: Now through December 2020
- Estimated Time to Complete This Activity: 1.0 hours
- CE Approval Hours: 0.8 Contact Hours CE Credit
At the conclusion of this activity, clinicians should be better able to:
- Review the nation’s black:white legacy regarding infant mortality goals
- Demonstrate how history and past discriminatory practices have contributed to racial disparities
- Present evidence that suggest racial disparity is not natural, but man made.
- Discuss STRUCTURAL determinants
- Suggest the importance of taking a STRUCTURAL and Social Determinants approach to “undo” this disparity.
- Understand “Proportionate Universalism” or “Targets Universalism”
Successful Completion of the Activity:
Successful completion of this online activity requires the participant to:
- Read the educational objectives, disclosures, and disclaimers on the front page;
- Study the material in the learning activity by watching the session;
- Complete the post-test with a score of 70% or higher;
- Complete the session evaluation;
- After successful completion, you may print your CE certificate. Your certificate will be stored for you on the NPWH E-Learning site under My Transcripts
- All of the above steps must be completed prior to the course expiration date December 2020
This activity has been evaluated and approved by the Continuing Education Approval Program of the National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health (NPWH), and has been approved for 0.8 contact hour(s) of CE credit. Each participant should claim only those contact hours that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
Activity Number: 19-03-07
NPWH policy requires all faculty to disclose any affiliation or relationship with a commercial interest that may cause a potential, real, or apparent conflict of interest with the content of a CE program. NPWH does not imply that the affiliation or relationship will affect the content of the CE program. Disclosure provides participants with information that may be important to their evaluation of an activity. All conflicts of interest were resolved according to NPWH policy. In addition, all content has been peer reviewed by a WHNP with no conflicts of interest to ensure the content is evidence-based, un-biased, and uses the best available, highest strength evidence for recommendations..
Arthur James MD, FACOG has nothing to disclose.
Disclosure of unlabeled use:
NPWH policy requires authors to disclose to participants when presenting information about unlabeled use of a commercial product or device or an investigational use of a drug or device not yet approved for any use.
Participating faculty members determine the editorial content of CE activities; this content does not necessarily represent the views of NPWH. This content has undergone a blinded peer review process for validation of clinical content. Although every effort has been made to ensure that the information is accurate, clinicians are responsible for evaluating this information in relation to generally accepted standards in their own communities and integrating the information presented with that of established recommendations of other authorities, national guidelines, FDA approved package inserts, and individual patient characteristics.
This activity has no commercial support