This continuing education (CE) activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of nurse practitioners who provide care for women of any age.
• CE Approval Period: Now through March 31, 2020
• Estimated Time to Complete This Activity: 1 hour
• CE Approval Hours: 1.0 Contact Hour of CE Credit including 1.0 contact hours of pharmacology credit.
To identify DSD/HSDD in their female patients and be familiar with a variety of treatments so that they can choose the approach that is best suited to each individual woman.
This activity for Women's Healthcare is based on a CE presentation by the author at the NPWH annual conference held in Seattle, Washington, in October 2017. In this article, the author provides background information on DSD and HSDD, discusses the assessment of a woman in whom DSD/HSDD is identified, and focuses on a variety of non-medicinal, medicinal, and alternative treatments for these disorders.
Successful completion of the activity:
Successful completion of this activity, J-19-01, requires participants to:
1. "Sign In” at the top right hand corner of the page if you have any NPWH account. You must be signed in to receive credit for this course. If you do not remember your username or password, please follow the "Forgot Password" link and instructions on the sign-in page. If you do not have an account, please click on "Create an Account".*
2. Read the learning objectives, disclosures, and disclaimers on the next page.
3. Study the material in the learning activity during the approval period (now through March 31, 2020).
4. Complete the post-test and evaluation. You must earn a score of 70% or better on the post-test to receive CE credit
5. Print out the CE certificate if successfully completed.
You must be signed in to access this course. You can sign in at the top right-hand corner of the page.
*If you are an NPWH member, were once a member, or have taken CE activities with NPWH in the past, you have a username and password in our system. Please DO NOT create a new account. Creation of multiple accounts could result in loss of CE credits as well as other NPWH services. If you do not remember your username or password, please either click on the "forgot username" or "forgot password" links above or call the NPWH office at (202) 543-9693 ext. 1.