This continuing education (CE) activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of nurse practitioners who provide care for women across the lifespan.
• CE Approval Period: Now through September 30, 2019
• Estimated Time to Complete This Activity: 1 hour
• CE Approval Hours: 1.0 Contact Hour of CE Credit
To use current evidence and guidelines in shared decision making with women to develop treatment/management plans for unscheduled bleeding with hormonal contraception, recurrent BV, postmenopausal HSDD, and postmenopausal osteoporosis according to each woman's needs, desires, and preferences.
This activity for Women's Healthcare is based on a CE presentation developed by the NPWH Education Committee and presented at the four NPWH regional meetings in 2017-2018. In this article, the author used clinical scenarios to describe current recommendations/guidelines for management of unscheduled bleeding with hormonal contraception, recurrent BV, postmenopausal HSDD, and postmenopausal osteoporosis. The author used data presented at the NPWH regional meetings in which the presenters provided updates on issues related to contraception, BV, HSDD, and osteoporosis.
Successful completion of the activity:
Successful completion of this activity, J-18-03, requires participants to:
1. "Sign In” at the top right hand corner of the page if you have any NPWH account. You must be signed in to receive credit for this course. If you do not remember your username or password, please follow the "Forgot Password" link and instructions on the sign-in page. If you do not have an account, please click on "Create an Account".*
2. Read the learning objectives, disclosures, and disclaimers on the next page.
3. Study the material in the learning activity during the approval period (now through September 30, 2019).
4. Complete the post-test and evaluation. You must earn a score of 70% or better on the post-test to receive CE credit
5. Print out the CE certificate if successfully completed.
You must be signed in to access this course. You can sign in at the top right-hand corner of the page.
*If you are an NPWH member, were once a member, or have taken CE activities with NPWH in the past, you have a username and password in our system. Please DO NOT create a new account. Creation of multiple accounts could result in loss of CE credits as well as other NPWH services. If you do not remember your username or password, please either click on the "forgot username" or "forgot password" links above or call the NPWH office at (202) 543-9693 ext. 1.