• Estimated Time to Complete This Activity: 2.0 hours
• CE approval hours: 1.86 contact hours, including 1.0 contact hours of pharmacology credit.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Explain efficacy, safety, mechanisms of action, and initial/follow up/side effect management of contraceptive methods.
- Discuss concepts related to pregnancy testing and unintended pregnancy options counseling
- Describe medication and surgical abortion procedures and follow-up
The Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner Certification Exam Review Course and Women’s Health Update was developed in response to requests from the NPWH board of directors and from members for a comprehensive update in women’s health. Each topic was chosen to correspond to a content area of the NCC WHNP certification exam. The modules in this course will address needs of new graduate WHNPs to help prepare them for the NCC WHNP certification exam and the needs of practicing nurse practitioners for updated women’s health knowledge.
This activity has been evaluated and approved by the Continuing Education Approval Program of the National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health (NPWH), and has been approved for 1.86 contact hours of CE credit, including 1.0 contact hours of pharmacology credit .
NPWH CE Activity #: 18-02-04
NPWH policy requires all faculty, reviewers, and staff who are involved in content development to disclose any affiliation or relationship with a commercial interest that may cause a potential, real, or apparent conflict of interest with the content of a CE program. NPWH resolves all conflicts of interest according to established policy prior to development of content. NPWH does not imply that the affiliation or relationship will affect the content of the CE program. Disclosure provides participants with information that may be important to their evaluation of an activity. Faculty are also asked to identify any unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or devices made in their presentation.
• Beth Kelsey, EdD, APRN, WHNP-BC, FAANP has has disclosed that she receives royalties from Jones & Bartlett Learning as an author of the book, Midwifery & Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner Certification Review Guide: Fourth Edition.
Disclosure of Unlabeled Use:
NPWH policy requires authors to disclose to participants when they are presenting information about unlabeled use of a commercial product or device or an investigational use of a drug or device not yet approved for any use.
The authors of each of the modules in this update and review course have made every effort to provide accurate information. However, they as well as the National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health, are not responsible for errors, omissions, or for any outcomes related to the use of the contents of the modules and have no responsibility for the use of drugs, products, or procedures described. Research, clinical practice, and government regulations often change the accepted standard in the healthcare field. The individual clinician is responsible for consulting further sources for the most up-to-date recommendations and regulations and for determining the appropriate care based on individual patient circumstances.
Many factors influence an individual’s score on any particular day when taking a national standardized test such as the women’s health certification examination. This update and review course does not guarantee an individual’s success on the certification exam. This course is intended to help candidates recognize areas of knowledge strength and identify areas of weakness to help individuals develop a study plan for the certification exam.
THE AUTHORS AND THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF NURSE PRACTITIONERS IN WOMEN’S HEALTH DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY TO ANY USER OF THE MODULES OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY AND SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE), NO MATTER HOW CAUSED (CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, BREACH OF WARRANTIES), ARISING OUT OF USE OF THE MODULES.
By participating in this review course, you acknowledge and agree to the above terms.
Successful completion of this activity, 18-02-04, requires the participant to:
During the approval period (now through February 28, 2022);
- Read the educational objectives, disclosures, and disclaimers on the first page;
- Study the material in the learning activity by watching the session;
- Complete the post test with a score of 70% or higher;
- Complete the session evaluation
- After successful completion you may print your CE certificate. Your certificate will be stored for you on the NPWH E-Learning site under My Transcripts
This activity has no commercial support.